View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Authorized User
Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Question on conversion

I was wondering if you know why Visual Studio opens an app and says "preparing solution", then finishes up with no other message, and the app seems to run fine? This happens with some practice code taken from on pc to another pc where the source pc runs the pro version and the destination pc is running Express. Maybe a better question would be...when opening a project done in VB.NET 2008 and opening it in VB.NET 2010 and letting the Visual Studio fix or convert it, isn't that a permanent fix if saved?

One other note, I have had some time to get started with the book and video's and the video's have kept me glued to the screen. Great job. I have learned that one should not skip the first few chapters thinking it's old news because they are coming from VB Classic. I initially jumped around in the video's but stopped and started from chapter 1 and will view them all. When I see things that are new I grab the book and research more on the info taken from the video. I have learned new stuff even in the first chapter. I think the compiler gets confused sometimes in your video's because you type so fast it can't keep up! Did you ever figure out why the compiler will cause you to have to start over yet?

Thanks,
DB

Last edited by Davebert; December 16th, 2011 at 10:39 AM..