View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 3,166, Level: 23 Points: 3,166, Level: 23 Points: 3,166, Level: 23
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
So, I guess I would just rewrite the code in the 2010 version ...
Manual conversion isn't too hard. Open the old project and then create a new one in a separate instance of Visual Studio. Copy the form's size from the old program to the new one. Then copy and paste the controls from the old project to the new one.

Finally copy the code from the old program to the new one. You can usually open the code in the code editor and press Ctrl+A to select all of the code. Then press Ctrl+C to copy it all. Finish by pasting it all. VB (unlike C#) hooks event handlers up to controls by using a Handles clause in the code so they should all be hooked up and ready to go.

Post again and let us know if that removes the mystery message.

Quote:
The text looks a bit blurry but I figured it would be fine. Anyhow, just thought I would mention it in case it can be optimized in future videos or made for different screen sizes.
I'm not sure what options we have there. I made the initial videos and they turned out to be too big to fit on a DVD. I turned them over to a production group who reformatted and compressed them to fit. I don't really know what their options are.

I'll mention it but obviously the real solution is for everyone to get a 55" HDTV

Rod Stephens, Microsoft MVP

Essential Algorithms: A Practical Approach to Computer Algorithms

(Please post reviews at Amazon or wherever you shop!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Rod Stephens For This Useful Post:
Davebert (December 18th, 2011)