View Single Post
Old December 18th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Authorized User
Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Stephens View Post
Manual conversion isn't too hard. Open the old project and then create a new one in a separate instance of Visual Studio. Copy the form's size from the old program to the new one. Then copy and paste the controls from the old project to the new one.

Finally copy the code from the old program to the new one. You can usually open the code in the code editor and press Ctrl+A to select all of the code. Then press Ctrl+C to copy it all. Finish by pasting it all. VB (unlike C#) hooks event handlers up to controls by using a Handles clause in the code so they should all be hooked up and ready to go.

Post again and let us know if that removes the mystery message.
Thanks for the info on the copying of the project. I like the fact that VB hooks event handlers up to controls as that will make it easier to do. I ran into what may be the reason I am having trouble with the mystery message. The project I used as an example was what I thought was a simple example. When I tried what you described above I realized the example I was trying to copy has a resource file with a form background image and also has the minimize maximize and exit buttons covering up the stock ones. Are resource files the same between version 2008 and 2010? I found "Resourcer" and had a look and found the image used for the background. That may be the reason for the mystery message. I will try it again and see if I use a plain form but I got carried away looking for a resource editor etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Stephens View Post
I'm not sure what options we have there. I made the initial videos and they turned out to be too big to fit on a DVD. I turned them over to a production group who reformatted and compressed them to fit. I don't really know what their options are.

I'll mention it but obviously the real solution is for everyone to get a 55" HDTV
Well my eyes aren't like they used to be so I am part to blame. I just realized it's time to finally go to the eye doctor instead of using cheap reading glasses. I need to make the jump from a 1.5 to a 2.0 magnification power and that will help for now. I was also glad to realize the video's were made as .MOV files as my HDTV TV doesn't do Flash. My headache is gone and I am ready to get back to work. The in-laws will be over for the holidays for a week so I will be off dealing with them.
Thanks,
DB