Thread: activity error
View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Authorized User
Points: 343, Level: 6 Points: 343, Level: 6 Points: 343, Level: 6
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hi droidus

just going back to some previous posts, what code should i manually type out? i noticed that the code for the exercises is not in the book. do i just download the code, and manually write that out?
You should write out all the code, this is how you learn. Also Lee usually starts with one function and then adds to it. The code from the web site is just the final form. You will miss out if you don't do them in order. I use the the downloaded code to compare to my code when I have a problem.
Basically you should follow the instructions in the book, that's why you paid good money for it.

also, when running the downloaded programs, i am not sure how to run them. i use eclipse. i see the .classpath, .project, AndroidManifest.xml, etc., but not any of the other ones, such as layout.activity2, or any of the src files. is there a simple way to import the whole project?
If you do want to try the downloaded code you must copy everything in to the project you created for it. I have not figured how to import code as a project. If anyone knows, please tell me.
Cliff