View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 72,055, Level: 100 Points: 72,055, Level: 100 Points: 72,055, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote:
So the problem is not surely in the web service. Hence, I don't post the coressponding code.
Since it only takes a few seconds, you're probably better off posting the full code if you want people to look at your problem. The service may work by itself, but that doesn't mean it's named correctly, or has script services enabled or has any other problem.
Anyway, that doesn't seem to be the problem here.

Quote:
No, I didn't debug my code.
Probably a good habbit to get used to. Chapter 18 has the full details in case you want to know more. When you debug, it's easy to see if references are OK (they are not, in this case) and which code gets called.

Take a look at this:

Code:
$addHandler($get('sayHello'), 'click', HelloWorld());
You're using sayHello while the control is called SayHello with an upper case S.

Quote:
By the chance, your book is really amazing. I have read it from the cover to the 354 page and I hadn't any problem. Also I have learned many things until know.
Really glad to hear that. Thanks!

Imar

Author of Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB, Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix
and Beginning ASP.NET 4 : in C# and VB.
Did this post help you? Click the button below this post to show your appreciation!