View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Or better yet

Let me use a better example of what I am talking that is more clear than it was in the previous example.
Lets just say for instance that your company, ImarProductions.com has thirty different departmets like HR, Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Distribution, payroll, accounting, etc, etc. How would you manage it when someone logs into the company's internal website that they saw information pulled back from the database only about the department they worked in and not other information about a different department? Like say for instance if I work in the accounting department and I log into the company's internal website then how do you arrange it using authorization and security so that I can only see information and data pulled back from the database that only is pertaining to the accounting department and not any of the other departments? So if for example I want to look at company personnel information, the only company personnel information that I am going to see will be just the people that work in the accounting department and not the other people in other departments? How could you accomplish something like that using Security and Authorization logins? You are obviously going to need seperate database queries for each department are you not?