View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default The Reason being is that....

I want to use the password as being interchangeable with their EmployeeID#. The EmployeeID# is unique onto itself. So by knowing the Password, I also know the EmployeeID# and I can extract information from the database about their names, the department they work in, the Department ID etc, etc. Once I know their password/EmployeeID# and can pass it to the other page as part of a session object then I can insert into parameterized SQL queries and Stored Procedures. User names do me no good because of the simple fact that there can be more than one person with the same name in the our database. There are currently probably at least five Karen Rodriguez's in our database. Putting in Karen Rodriguez as parameter to a SQL query or a stored procedure would probably pull back five different people with the same name. The question I now have to you would be very simple is the LoginUser_LoggedIn is that event that I can access via the properties page in the properties explorer, you know the little yellow lightening bolt thingy? Also on the example as explained on page 584-6, after you successfully login, how does the application know to redirect you to the Default.aspx page? I can't find where that exists in the code. No response.redirects anywhere.