View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 72,055, Level: 100 Points: 72,055, Level: 100 Points: 72,055, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote:
See if you want the challenge to fix this code.
e.Gender should be emp.Gender

Quote:
My question then becomes how responsive is Wrox to the errata that is submitted by the users of their books?
In general: pretty good once you get past the errata form that asks a million questions, including your pet name and your **************** size ;-) Kidding aside, the process from Wrox to the author seems pretty quick, but then it depends on the author how long it takes for a reply. For my own books, I've looked at every errata item I've been sent and either confirmed the issue (which then got posted on the Wrox site), or explained why the submitted issue wasn't wrong or incorrect.

Quote:
But my other question is if I wanted to write the output of the employeeId number in the code up above to a Gridview or a Listbox what do you think is the quickest and easiest approach to take?
Assign a Data Source and call DataBind:

Code:

myGridView.DataSource = employees;
myGridView.DataBind();
This provides the entire Employee object to the grid, giving you access to all of its other properties. If you only need the ID, you could modify the LINQ query to select an anonymous object with only the employee ID.

Hope this helps,

Imar

Author of Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB, Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix
and Beginning ASP.NET 4 : in C# and VB.
Did this post help you? Click the button below this post to show your appreciation!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Imar For This Useful Post:
jminatel (March 16th, 2012), vbboyd (March 15th, 2012)