Old March 20th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Authorized User
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjones View Post
Aloha Gordio,

Thanks for your response. I was unable to answer your question until now. With respect to the page I mentioned, that was the first time we are directed to build and run the game. The author stated that the game should compile and run, but made no mention as to whether or not the blocks would appear. While giving the code, the author mentions that the switch statement is used to determine the color of the blocks themselves, and the sentence I quoted seemed to give me the impression that the blocks should have appeared, but as I posted, I could see no instance of the user actually sending any color information to the game, at least not at that time.

In other words, when you went through the process of building this game, were you only presented a gray screen at that point? I would just like to verify that I am getting the correct response from the iPhone simulator.

Thanks again for your response.
Yea I see where you are now. He told you to compile to make sure it doesn't crash. At this point, you're expected to see just grey.

The purpose of the section is to set up the brick objects. Later in the chapter, you place the bricks in the level. Then you'll see them. I hope this answers your question.