Old March 20th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Authorized User
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjones View Post
Aloha Gordio,

Have you read any of the other Wrox books dealing with iOS or Mac OS? I'm just curious if this is the author's style or if that requirement was placed on the author by the publisher. Either way, I can't wait until I get to learn about Bluetooth connectivity, as I have an idea for a neat game, based on a podcast I enjoy, which as they say is a complete ripoff of a BBC show. Assuming I can avoid the lawyers once I have it complete it should be a good game. I just don't know where to get that "compelling content" stuff
No. this is the only book I've read by him and by the publisher. Reading other books by other publishers and other authors, I think it's usually the author that affects how good a book is. The publisher sometimes has a format, but it's really up to the author to make that format work.

For example, I had gotten one book by Apress that is poised with typos that even as a beginner, just looking at the I knew the code wasn't going to work! but the book I'm reading now on cocos2d, also by Apress but a different author, is good and has a different writing style.