Old March 21st, 2012, 12:16 AM
Authorized User
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjones View Post
Aloha Gordio,

I also was interested in getting that Cocos2D book, but when I tried to load the Cocos2D templates on my MacBookPro, I was unsuccessful. I am running Xcode 4.3.1, and the only people that have it running successfully, from what I can gather, are the ones that had it installed under an earlier version of Xcode. When did you load the Cocos2D templates? Have you heard of anyone successfully loading them under Xcode 4.3x?
I don't know yet…I just read the free sample pages (kindle), and I just bought the full book. The sampler didn't really have me compile anything. I'm hesitantly optimistic, because of some 3 star reviews on amazon. I'll tell u how it is as I read it.

Edit: back to the original topic about the author. This book actually taught me objective C better than any "beginner objective C" book I've read. For example, the standard method syntax "-(void) method:(int)inValue1 parameter2:(int)inValue2" confused me. I didn't know how to interpret it. All books I've read never explained how to read this, and I thought "if I see it more, maybe it'll start to make sense. Nope it never did. Only after this book explained it to me, I understood it. If this guy wrote a cocos2D book, I'd be the first in line. I might come off riding on his ballsack, but I'm grateful the author wrote this book.

Last edited by Gordio; March 21st, 2012 at 03:09 PM..