Old March 22nd, 2012, 08:45 PM
Authorized User
Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1 Points: 70, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whjones View Post
Aloha Gordio,

I also was interested in getting that Cocos2D book, but when I tried to load the Cocos2D templates on my MacBookPro, I was unsuccessful. I am running Xcode 4.3.1, and the only people that have it running successfully, from what I can gather, are the ones that had it installed under an earlier version of Xcode. When did you load the Cocos2D templates? Have you heard of anyone successfully loading them under Xcode 4.3x?
Chapter 4 in, this is my response. installing Cocos2D is not intuitive. Once you install it, you have to do these instructions:

http://www.oscarvgg.com/installing-cocos2d-for-iphone/

I did something similar to this (the book includes directions). Kinda stupid it's not straight forward but whatever. Cocos2D is free so they don't owe us anything.

So far I'm liking the book. The forum for that book described typos that my e-book doesn't have, which leads me to believe the kindle version is constantly being corrected. Which is awesome. So if you choose to get this book, definitely choose the kindle version (it's also much cheaper than the physical version)