View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Authorized User
Points: 203, Level: 4 Points: 203, Level: 4 Points: 203, Level: 4
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Smile Gig Pics(PhotoAlbum)- dropdownlist

Imar,
My GIG pics(PhotoAlbum/default) displays my top dropdownlist selection immediately. I'd like it to display nothing initiallly, like your example/final.

Where should i look, i've been doing comparisons, but jusr can't find it.
i guess im gonna need to read the whole book again..to master it..

Thanks Imar,
Edgy Eddie
(hey Imar do you like early Genisis or early King Crimson)

Nope, that wasn't it.
What I'm inquiring about is for the dropdown list NOT to EXECUTE initially, when the(photoalbums/default.aspx) page opens/starts up and should display the Empty Template message. Which only happens initially on your example. I am aware of the appendDatabounditems option, I tried it and that wasn't it, it still loaded and displayed the first item in my list. Initially, I want the empty template option to execute.

Thanks Imar for your help and patience, Edgy Eddie (..too bad)

Well, I found the answer. There's nothing wrong with my code, its doing exactly as it should, I was looking at mine and thought i had something wrong and wanted to make it perfect, like yours, when i compared/tested them. Your initial album(id=1) in the drop downlist has no associated pics to display, thus it displays the empty message, as it should. My test data has no empty Album pics, and thats why i never get the empty item message. The page is designed to always show the first dropdownlistitem and its album pics.

So as Emily Litella(SNL/Gilda Radner) would say "oh,that's different,... Never Mind."
Thanks Imar,
Edgy Eddie from Mesquite

Last edited by EDGY; August 26th, 2012 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: Solution found - never mind..