View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Chapter 12

I have to agree with the other comments people made regarding Chapter 12. Chapter 12 was a major disappointment. I as well buy books such as this one for project examples to help me understand and work through the subject matter. Flash working with Android and SQL is a very interesting topic to me and I am very disappointed in how Chapter 12 was set out. Chapter 12 does not relate SQL to Flash; it is just a general discussion about SQL, which I can get in any book unrelated to Flash, which is contrary to the reason I book a book about Flash and its relationship to Android.

The book is very good through Chapter 10, but it appears the author just got tired or lazy thereafter. I would prefer all project examples be developed from scratch with all code available. I had to look and find the "greensock" code; there was no mention in the book about downloading it and it wasn't available on the web site. I had to download the "Minimal Comps", which the author directed its location in the book, but why not included it with other code on the author's site. I had to search out the "Droid Sans" fonts, so certain project examples would work. And the "AndroidAppTemp" files with the "KevinHoyt" AS files were lazy; the buttons and other objects should have been developed from scratch with available code, to make it easier to follow along with project examples.