View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Authorized User
Points: 193, Level: 3 Points: 193, Level: 3 Points: 193, Level: 3
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Question Properly closing a file

Hi Rod,

It's been a long time since I checked in with you. When I was writing to you before one of my questions was how to save the contents in a TreeView box so that it could be reloaded later on. This would be for a situation in which the user creates the TreeView List while running the program (not written into the code). You gave me some ideas and I finally was able to do it. I can create the list in TreeView, Edit, Save it and Open it.

There is only one problem left that stumps me. As long as I close out the application completely before I open a file there is no problem. However, it seems to me that I should be able to work with a file, close the file and open it again without closing the entire application. Just like in Microsoft Word, you can open a file or start a new one, edit it, and close the file without leaving MicroSoft Word.

I assume that even though I clear all of the Text Boxes, TreeView Box, List Boxes and so on, so that everything looks like it did before I opened the file, there must be something in the code that is not going back to its previous state. Otherwise, why do I get a different result when I open a file immediately after starting the application than I do when I open a file after saving it and without leaving the application?

I would appreciate Any insight you can give me in this connection.

Sincerely,

Gary