View Single Post

Old February 18th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 6,664, Level: 34 Points: 6,664, Level: 34 Points: 6,664, Level: 34
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to mat41
Default ASP Mail Sending Issue

hi there - I have a extremely annoying issue with mail. All of a sudden every ASP system on a server has started throwing this error:

ASP error 80070008

at this line of code:

set iMsg = CreateObject("CDO.Message")'

Its a 2003 server which I do not have admin rights to. The server has been running for years without issue and without any chnage to the code. My research says check the CDONTS.dll and that its registered. The service desk people say its there and its registered. I was told by our end users there was some kind of major outage a week or so before this. My guess is that because of this this the network people may have run some kind of house keeping process which is caused the issue. EG get rid of (or de-register) any dll's/files that are not 'out of the box'..........Am I grabbing at straws with this theory, im not sure. It is a Department of Defence network so anything is possible!

In summary I have 7 separate systems on this 2003 server that rely heavily on mail notifications which are failing due to the error above. These systems have run fine for years........Any ideas would be majic

TYIA