View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imar View Post
This book assumes you're using SQL Server Express 2012. You can use another version of SQL if you want. Full details are in the database chapters and appendix B. I recommend to use SqlExpress for the exercises in the book. I also use it a lot myself for regular development, even though I have the dev and other additions as well.

Cheers,

Imar
Okay there are two database node/utilities in Visual Studio 2012 one is called SQL Server Object Explorer and another is called Server Explorer. I can see all of my databases including Planet Wrox and Planet Wrox Temp in SQL Server Object Explorer. But I can't do database diagrams that option is not available to me in SQL Server Object Explorer. But then I can go over to Server Explorer inside of VS 2012 and I can't see Planet Wrox and Planet Wrox Temp but I can do database diagrams. From Server Explorer I can do database diagrams but inside of SQL Server Object explorer I can't. How do a database diagram inside of Visual Studio 2012 without using SQL Server Management Studio?

Last edited by vbboyd; April 8th, 2013 at 11:38 PM..