View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Authorized User
Points: 148, Level: 2 Points: 148, Level: 2 Points: 148, Level: 2
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Is anyone else finding this book terrible?

I know this book is for professionals, and while I am not coding in ASP.NET 40 + hours a week, I by no means consider myself a beginner.

With that said, I am having a terrible time following this book. It looks like from the "Continuity" post that others are having the same trouble.

The biggest problem I am having is that there are no instructions. The explanations seem to make sense to me but then when I try to follow the project, I am lost. There are little blocks of code here and there, and the author will often says "you could" or stuff like that. Then later the text seems to assume you have implemented that code even though it never made it clear that you should. Other times it seems like he leaves out lines of code.

For a while I found that if I read the tutorial at http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials/mvc...c-store-part-1, then I could get it figured out and move through the book, but I am almost done with chapter 5 now, and I'm lost again. I could probably trouble-shoot through it and figure it out, but I'm beginning to believe its not worth it.

This is disappointing because I have read through one other ASP.NET wrox book and it was great...

I guess maybe I just wanted to vent, but I am also curious if others are having the same troubles, or is it that I am just a little greener than I thought...