View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2013, 11:15 PM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Email deployment issue

I don't know if you know this or not, but I used the application from the book as a blueprint for a E-commerce website for demonstration purposes only for upcoming job interviews. Everything is working just fine except the contact form part. That is totally just hosing out and is not working. That part works just fine from my side of the equation when I run it locally on my home PC, but when I deploy the application to the web hosting server, that part just totally chokes up and does not work. None of the email notifications are working. I was just wondering what can be done to fix this?
I noticed the material on pages 732-38 about the appsettings stuff, but I didn't not make those changes or modifications to my application on my local home PC when I uploaded and the application to the actual production application server. I thought that if the email stuff could run properly on my side at home on my home PC that it should work also just as fine and well when you uploaded the application to the actual remote production server. Unfortunately, such is not the case. It seems to be having problems.

Thanks once again.