View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2013, 02:53 PM
Authorized User
Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Imar, i feel very indebted to you. Thanks so much! You should write more books. You will run other authors out of business. Its very enjoyable to read, easy to understand and you take into consideration variations in setup that novices may not know how to navigate.

The only section I did not understand was the end of Apendix B. "Configuring Application Services" Its the only thing so far I don't understand especially Step 1. Perhaps it discussed somewhere in the rest of the book and I just missed it. Is this at all related to anything I was doing or is it something entirely different. If its entirely different?

Quote:
Follow these steps to let the application services use your own database:

1. First, make sure the application services point to a connection string you want to use. To do this, you need to set the connectionStringName to a connectionstring defined in your config file. The following example shows how to do this for the Membership section, but the other services follow a similar pattern: (I'm assuming this is in Web.Config. Its not in mine.)

< membership defaultProvider =" DefaultMembershipProvider" > < providers >
< add name =" DefaultMembershipProvider" type =" System.Web.Providers.DefaultMembershipProvider, System.Web.Providers, Version = 1.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 31bf3856ad364e35" connectionStringName ="PlanetWroxConnectionString1" enablePasswordRetrieval =" false" enablePasswordReset =" true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer =" false" requiresUniqueEmail =" false" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts =" 5" minRequiredPasswordLength =" 7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters =" 1" passwordAttemptWindow =" 10" applicationName ="/" /> </ providers >
</ membership >