View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2013, 07:09 PM
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by uler3161 View Post
My gut feeling was that your development environment has an issue. And then I found this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...rflowexception
Ahh, thank you. This actually solved a lot of my issues and I have a working AVD without errors now, yeah! However, since I will be receiving my android device tomorrow (Moto G), which I hope I will be able to update to 4.4 eventually, developing for API19 would be nice...

Quote:
The other issues about the view hierarchy probably has something to do with updating the UI on a non-UI thread. I don't remember the book code having this problem though.

NullPointerException probably isn't network related. I don't have the book in front of me, but I don't think the GForce meter example used a network connection. All I can tell you is there is an object on line 95 is null and it probably shouldn't be. Or it needs a null check.
Hmm, most of the errors are gone now, but the NullPointerException remains:
Quote:
E/AndroidRuntime(1159): FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-102
E/AndroidRuntime(1159): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime(1159): at com.paad.earthquake.EarthquakeListFragment.refresh Earthquakes(EarthquakeListFragment.java:95)
E/AndroidRuntime(1159): at com.paad.earthquake.EarthquakeListFragment.access$ 0(EarthquakeListFragment.java:55)
E/AndroidRuntime(1159): at com.paad.earthquake.EarthquakeListFragment$1.run(E arthquakeListFragment.java:47)
E/AndroidRuntime(1159): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)
By now I have, besides trying it on two different PC, even reinstalled Windows 7 on a fresh hard drive with only 32bit versions (I usually run Win7 x64 and thought maybe that could be a source for issues). Still the same thing (I experimented with all variations of API11 and API18 again).

I would be really interested if this actually works on somebody's AVD (and then, of course, how)!

Thank you again for your time!