View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2005, 12:45 PM

Default chapter 18 webwork example not working

ok - I'm just trying to follow the example this time. I found and downloaded webwork 1.4 so I could follow the example, Im running Tomcat 5.5 - I added the webwork-skeleton through tomcat admin, and got to the index when it was added. When I clicked the Form Test link, I get...

HTTP Status 500 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception

root cause

java.lang.ThreadDeath
    org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadC lass(WebappClassLoader.java:1221)
    org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadC lass(WebappClassLoader.java:1181)
    java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoade r.java:319)
    webwork.dispatcher.ServletDispatcher.wrapRequest(S ervletDispatcher.java:268)
    webwork.dispatcher.ServletDispatcher.service(Servl etDispatcher.java:160)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.9 logs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.5.9

someone please help - I'm trying this because I can't get a custom java class working (say's its undefined even though it's packaged and "warred" properly)