View Single Post

Old January 30th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Authorized User
Points: 416, Level: 7 Points: 416, Level: 7 Points: 416, Level: 7
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I'm not an SQL guru, so I didn't understand there might be a difference between the 2 connections. Careless. Live and learn.

Yes, I attached to SQLEXPRESS. I've since found out I need to take the database offline in SQL when I'm finished working there, and I still need to delete the log file for some reason. I guess neither program wants to add on to the log the other created or something.

As you might tell from my string of posts, I'm reading your book very seriously, I make sure not a single line of code goes by that I don't understand fully (OK, maybe 1 or 2 slip through...) But really, the point for me is to learn ASP.NET so I can put up my startup's website not using one of the 'boiler plate' site generators. I will eventually need to do a lot of different things and it's clear to me that ASP.NET is the way to go. So it's really intense getting through the book.

All of that is to say I didn't want to take the time right now to go back and re-create the database using the LocalDB. But I will eventually because I have to learn this stuff.

Imar, this is one of the best teaching books I've ever read. Although it is my general practice to seldom comment about products on Amazon, I will make a positive post on Amazon for your book. I will wait until after I finish just to make sure my post is complete and accurate.

If I ever need to learn something in the future that you write about I won't think twice about it, I'll buy your book before anyone else's. Again, thanks kindly for your good work.

Best Regards,
Alan