View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2014, 03:27 PM
Authorized User
Points: 416, Level: 7 Points: 416, Level: 7 Points: 416, Level: 7
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Reporting back

Hi Imar,

I was finally able to spend some time on this.

Bottom line: Adding the .js file you mentioned put the message box back into the web site.

I have a several questions:

1. My understanding of your post: Were you saying that without WebUIValidation.js, NO client side validation was being performed to include even the client side checks for text, email, etc? Or was it just the Message Box that wasn't being done at the client side?

2. On a separate note: While I was working on the code, to make the email debugging easier, I had added default data for the contact us form so I could simply click Send without having to type data in, and then I added a Clear Message button to reset the text boxes to the null string in case I wanted to type data in; it seemed to work fine. But after using that control, when I was running the test of the Show Message Box, during validation and odd thing happened. I received 2 Message Boxes one after the other. If instead I manually deleted the text boxes, then I receive only one Show Message box during validation. Is that enough information for you to comment why the Show Message box was displayed twice in a row after I created a button click method to clear the email?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Alan