View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Authorized User
Points: 416, Level: 7 Points: 416, Level: 7 Points: 416, Level: 7
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Ch 19 Deployment, Running under IIS

Hi Imar,

As you know, I successfully deployed my site to a hosting provider, but I never finished getting it to run from my web server. I need to do that now.

I've got IIS8 up and running (on Server 2012 Standard), learned how to operate it and actually have most of the Planet Wrox website functioning, but only in the localhost mode; I need to get it out to the internet now.

The text explains this is a complex task and I don't expect you can solve my particular problem in this forum, but I was hoping with your tenure in this field you could point me to a book similar to yours (meaning effective ), but in the area of explaining the basic networking setup necessary to get the website visible on the internet. (BTW I have a copy of the Wrox Professional Microsoft IIS 8 book - it doesn't really help with this issue, I think because my issue is so basic; of course if one doesn't know it, it's not that basic for them ...)

My web server connects to my ISP through 2 routers and I need to understand how they have to be setup so that IIS is reaching the net. Ultimately I need to get an SSL layer installed, but I first have to even reach the net.

Any contacts or book ideas would be appreciated. Do you have any articles on this on your web site?

Best Regards,
Alan