View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Authorized User
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Hello,

I'm referring to figure B-16 on page 478. CourseOfferings is listed as one of the tables.

I'm sorry that I was not specific enough. Actually this is the continuation of my previous question at the beginning of this thread.

And when I said "I have searched a lot of places about Student-grades" what I meant is I searched for it from the internet.

The Section table is mentioned in one of the models I found in the internet. But it also includes the following fields : Building, Room, MeetingDay, MeetingTime.

Your model is superior compared to the other models I found in the internet.

Your answer is great. But could you please relate the solution you are giving with respect to figure B-16.

Because that was what my question was referring to.

For instance, where does the tables you have given fits in figure B-16.

Quote : "Good question. The grade software that I've used when I taught VB let you define assignments and give each assignment a category. Then each category gets a weight. For example, quizzes might be worth 25% of your grade, the midterm might be worth 25%, and the final might be worth 50%."

Actually I assume all of this is already processed in the figure B-16 (from the Weight field in CourseGradeItems).

My main question is about how to fit in the grading that I listed above in figure B-16 with the assumptions given.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by frdata; May 9th, 2014 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: clarify a few things