View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default JNDI connection not working

Hi all,

I maintain a Java servlet running on Tomcat 7 on Windows. One of the database interrogations handled by the servlet was a SQL Server 2005 database and we used a JNDI connection and had SSL certificated encryption. This all worked fine but recently we had to migrate the SQL Server database to a new server running SQL Server 2008 R2. After receiving the server details and port number etc I was able to make a successful connection through SQL Server Management Studio Express as well as setting up a datasource in the Eclipse IDE we use for development. However, I cannot get the JNDI connection to work. When I change the JNDI to use the relevant connection credentials the relevant Web Service request in SoapUI just hangs and times out. My initial investigation indicated upgrading the jdbc driver from sqljdbc1.2 to sqljdbc4 which I downloaded and follwoed all instructions but it still does not work. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help? Here is the JNDI entry but with certain details such as password amended.

<Resource auth="Container" driverClassName="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLS erverDriver" factory="org.moss.jdj.dbcp.EncryptedDataSourceFact ory" maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="-1" name="jdbc/edrms" password="*******" type="javax.sql.DataSource" url="jdbc:sqlserver://edmssql\ngedm:2369;databaseName=********" username="********" />

Thanks in advance

ajfarroll