View Single Post

Old June 13th, 2020, 07:16 PM
Authorized User
Points: 380, Level: 6 Points: 380, Level: 6 Points: 380, Level: 6
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Databases

Hi Greg,

First, we need a better way to communicate, can I use your company email address info@ at least for first contact to exchange personal email addresses.

I have looked at the Access databases. SPMS_ERPMRP contains tables from BOM, but it also seems to contain many tables from different "example" databases?

The Parts table seems to be only storing weight as the main attribute, is this the only reason you need a BOM in order to calculate weights of assemblies?

I haven't looked in-depth at the VBA code in BOM, so can you explain what the BOM_Temp database is linked for?

Why does the program request which table to use for the BOM, what's the intended purpose? I would have just expected PARTS and BOM tables in a backend database linked to a frontend database with the business processing and forms.

What is the main goal of the Parts / BOM data functionality?

In SPMS_ERPMRP most of the forms do not seem to function, there is little to no data in the tables, as I said the database just seems to be a mix of many examples cobbled together.

Please let me know the priority functions that you want to be implemented, with as much detail in actual data fields required and any business rules you need.

Best regards,

Malcolm.
The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmdixon For This Useful Post:
gbowne1 (June 14th, 2020)