View Single Post

Old August 11th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Authorized User

Send a message via MSN to abel714 Send a message via Yahoo to abel714
Default Photo Album - interesting error

I have an error that I'm a little baffled on, and I'm not sure if it is related to my earlier post, or not, so I am treating it as a separate issue until I figure out where in the file this line is present, so I can change it.

Before I show the code, let me give some history.

I setup a new virtual dir in IIS named "photoalbum", and put the actual files (and updates) from the photoalbum app in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\photoalbum.

However, when I try to load the app outside of VWDE2005, I get the following error, which still mentions d:\websites\photoalbum, which is a directory that I have since deleted and changed from, or so I thought:

Here's the code:

Server Error in '/photoalbum' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed to start monitoring changes to 'd:\websites\intranet' because access is denied.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: d:\websites\intranet\web.config Line: 0

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

I am not sure where this line is (meaning, what file this is at), but I am guessing my other post regarding the error when trying to upload pictures) may have something to do with this. However, I've changed this configuration and started over, or so I thought, and now I can't locate the file that is looking in this particular directory, so as to change it to the correct directory, so as to hopefully have the app actually work this time.

whew!