View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2006, 11:13 PM

Default Error no 70 Permission Denied

Hi,

I have developed an application in VB6.0, SQL Server 2000 & Crystal Reports 8.5. OS is Win2000 Prof. with SP4.

There is report which has an OLE object for displaying images at runtime according to the ItemCode. Each ItemCode has got different Image stored in Image folder on Server. This report also has few subreports.

OLE object is linked to a .bmp file in 'C' drive.
As my application runs, it changes the .bmp image in 'C' drive (using Fso object) according to the ItemCode and the changed image is to be reflected on running the report.

Problem is this report works fine some machines but it doesn't working in some machines also. All machines has same configuration.

In one machine it pops-up a message "ERROR No 70 Permission denied.". After that report run successfully without changing the image.

In one machine it doesn't pops-up anything but report runs successfully without changing the image.

In other machines, report runs absolutely fine.

I have gone through the net and found 'dcomconfg' got some setting for solving "Error no 70". I don't know what setting to be changed.

I am also confused for what to do where reports are not working and no error msg are popping.

Please help and advice

Thanks & Regards
rupak