View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2003, 12:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to ywith Send a message via MSN to ywith
Default some questions - hope someone can help

I've got a couple of questions to ask for a project i'm doing for school, i hope someone can help.

1. I'm creating a inventory system, and like stock re-ordering. I've got a table with a list of products and this information is shown in a form. I have a product form with a record for each product you can have. I want to be able to click a button and the product number (autonumber for the product and the primary key) is selected in another table ready for making a re-order. So basically say i was on the record for bannanas, i would then click a button, and the form for purchasing would pop up and in the drop down box for the product i want to purchase i would like bannanas selected. So i want the value of the drop down box to be the same as the record i was viewing. Is there any way to do this in a macro.

2. How is it possible in a drop down box to have two fields shown next to each other. Because i got like a drop down box, which is the primary key, but all that is is (1,2,3,4,5...) rather than like (apples, bannanas, oranges....etc). So could i like select the bannnas word, and then it update a text box or sumthing with the relevant product number?

3. I want to have a table with the amount of each product in stock. Would it be possible to have a form where i type in a amount to be re-odered, and that field be updated by adding the value i've just entered to the current value so basically adding the new products to the current amount of products in stock.

I'd be very appreciative if you could help.

any other suggestions would be welcomed too.
 :)