Thread: Newbie question
View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2003, 07:00 PM

Default Newbie question

I am just starting to learn Access and been given a few exercises to try and do. I have 2 questions that are puzzling me

1) Open access and enter the main heading House lettings. Does this mean after I have designed the database using design view that when I save it I should give the table name House lettings?

2) When designing the database for the heating you must use the following criteria text, field size 1, Validation Rule O or G or S, validation text O or G or S,
O = Oil
G = Gas
S= Solid Fuel

I understand how to do the text and field size. Am I right in saying for the validation rule I should have "O" Or "G" Or "S" and for the validation text I should have O or G or S
I am sorry it is such a newbie question. I want to do a course in Microsoft office but it requires you know the basics. I am ok with word, excel, outlook and power point but I have never used access. I have been reading online tutorials and I have found a few sample exercises on the net. I am getting to grips with it all but 3 questions are puzzling me in the exercises I have found.

1) Open access and enter the main heading House lettings. Does this mean after I have designed the database using design view that when I save it I should give the table name House lettings? Or can you have a heading in the same way you would in an excel table so it would show up in any print outs?

2) When designing the database for the heating you must use the following criteria text, field size 1, Validation Rule O or G or S, validation text O or G or S,
O = Oil
G = Gas
S= Solid Fuel

I understand how to do the text and field size. Am I right in saying for the validation rule I should have "O" Or "G" Or "S" and for the validation text I should have O or G or S

3) Save and exit your database with your data secure.

How do I make the data secure? I have noticed when I save the files it has a padlock on it. Does this mean it is secure?

Many thanks for your help.