View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2006, 06:46 PM

Default Stored Procedure isn't working

I am having some difficulty with chapter 5. I have created all the pages and the database, but I cannot get my update and delete stored procedures to work correctly. I created the SQL database in a stand alone database on another machine. I can insert article without any problem, but if I change one, it appears to work, but nothing actually gets changed. If I go into the SQL management suite and execute the stored procedure, it will update the data. I can't see the difference between my code and that which I downloaded from the site here (the VB version). All the correct data gets passed to the SQLArticlesProvider and to the command object, but when it executes, it returns 0 and the data doesn't get updated.

Also, I cannot delete an article. If I click the trash can icon, I get the confirmation and it processes, but near as I can tell, it is passing 0 as the article ID rather than the actual ID. If I step through the code, The SqlArticlesProvider ends up with ID as 0.

I have been looking through this for like 6 hours over a 3-5 day period, and haven't been able to figure it out. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Brian W.