View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Authorized User
Points: 195, Level: 3 Points: 195, Level: 3 Points: 195, Level: 3
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Newbie Question RE Image pop ups

Hello,

I have an ASP.NET page that draws image URLs from a database in order to display a product image on a product template page. I'd like to be able to install the expected "click on image to view larger resolution" pop-up feature found in almost all online product catalogs.

All of the info I have found so far about using large image pop-up scripts refer to static images - that is, images that are unique to that webpage, rather than drawn from a database field. I'm not clear on how to do a pop-up of an image drawn from a field dynamically. Any advice would be appreciated!

I found and tried to insert the following code into my page, but it is bringing up an "BC30456: 'DataItem' is not a member of 'System.Web.UI.Control'." error:

<code><a href="#StayHere" onclick="window.open('bigimage.aspx?id=' +<%# (DataBinder.eval(Container.DataItem,"product_id")) %>, '', 'width=550 scrollbar=yes height=650 left=100 ')">
                                                                    <asp:Image ID="Image1" ImageUrl='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Image1")%>' AlternateText='View Large Image' Runat="server" Width=204>
                                                                    </asp:Image></td></code>