View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Authorized User

Send a message via AIM to FalseParadigm
Default Removing pesky dialog boxes.

Greetings.

I've lurked around for a few months now, gaining a lot of knowledge from your members, and I thank you very much for it. What brought me to register an account is a question I cannot find the answer for (which I'm sure has motivated most).

In a project I'm working on, I have built several make table queries that bring in information from another (not Access) database. These queries either fill existing tables with records, or create tables to fill with records. Everything works as expected except for one thing: those pesky dialog boxes.

"Yes, I am quite sure that I want to update these records, or create tables. Yes, I understand that this table will be deleted and another created in its place. :("

I don't need to know this little gem of information each time I test the application (and I'm quite sure that the end user would find 14 dialogs on startup a bit confusing/irritating as well).

So, my question to those who know much better: Is there a way, either programatically, or with a setting within Access, to remove these dialogs from view, automatically selecting "yes" to each of them?

I have poured over my volumes of MS Office and VBA manuals (including this site) and have come up empty. I'm thinking that either I have overlooked a key reference, totally missed something, or have lost my mind because I cannot find a solution to this problem.

Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

It's my way, or the Hemingway.