View Single Post

Old April 13th, 2007, 12:32 AM

Default How to install a module in local linux machine

Iam new to Perl....

I've the "Win32-GUI-1.05.tar" file & extracted "Win32-GUI-1.05" folder in my home dir.

~/mime/Win32-GUI-1.05.tar
~/mime/Win32-GUI-1.05

:(When Iam trying to use this module, Iam getting below error message. Iam using Win32 module in msgbox.pl ( like, use Win32;)

[pawan@localgfmd pawan]$ perl msgbox.pl
Can't locate Win32.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 .) at msgbox.pl line 1.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at msgbox.pl line 1.

kindly tell me the steps to install the module, as other modules already installed in the above mentioned dir. path, what @INC is carrying.

I looked into /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 , There are several other .pm files.

:(Whether I've to (copy/move) that module to /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0 , or create a directory like this /usr/lib/perl5/Win32-GUI-1.05
Or have to do something else....so that @INC should contain the Path of this module with it...

Is there any compulsion.....to always store a module in a specified directory...so that all the modules are placed and accessed from one place.

If this happens.....I'll try to use msgbox utility in perl program...to check the output value of any variable or something.....It's just a try....

Kindly advise....should I go for this or not....

Thanks & Regards,
Pawan Sangal