View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2007, 05:27 PM

Default Creating a ticketing system with SQL Server

I'm trying to figure out the best way to create a ticketing system with SQL server and Windows Authentication.

Generally, my goal is to have a web site automatically detect the user (using windows Authentication only) and when a user accesses the site, all tickets that that user has created, will be present. The user never has to Login, or has to manually create this data store (with execption of writing a ticket itself).

Everytime the user accesses the site, BOOM all his info is stairing at him/her in the face. Because we are all in the same intranet network, everyone will have to use Windows Authentication, so the process of gathering the users name should be brain dead.

I just want to know what the best path to start implementing the above senario is.
I figure, I'll just use the Page_Load event to capture the users name, then have a C# method call a SPROC for the user. The users' name will be the variable to that the system can access his particular data.

Would greatly appreciate any insight as to how best to create this senario. Granted, I'm still kind of new to ASP.NET and SQL Server 2005.

-Thanks