View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to janla2112
Default Chapter 8 - Implementing ViewState Properties

Hi,
I have learned a lot from this book and expect to re-read it many times in the future to re-learn things as I need them. I have been able to Debug all of the mistakes I have made and even found one in the book that was incorrect after Microsoft went to SP1. I would have to go back and find it, but it had to do with getting rid of all the closing tags down to one. I will get back to you on that one.

Anyways. I am trying to run the exercise "Implementing the NavigateUrl Property on page 283, however I run into the following Compilation Errors:

Error 1 C:\BegASPNET\Site\Controls\Banner.ascx.vb(21): error BC30451: Name 'lnkHorizontal' is not declared.

Error 2 C:\BegASPNET\Site\Controls\Banner.ascx.vb(21): error BC30451: Name 'lnkHorizontal' is not declared.

Error 3 C:\BegASPNET\Site\Controls\Banner.ascx.vb(21): error BC30451: Name 'lnkHorizontal' is not declared.

Error 4 C:\BegASPNET\Site\Controls\Banner.ascx.vb(21): error BC30451: Name 'lnkHorizontal' is not declared.

Error 5 'NavigateUrl' is not a member of 'ASP.controls_banner_ascx'. C:\BegASPNET\Site\About\AboutUs.aspx.vb 7 7 C:\BegASPNET\Site
Error 6 Name 'lnkHorizontal' is not declared. C:\BegASPNET\Site\Controls\Banner.ascx.vb 21 9 C:\BegASPNET\SiteError 7 Name 'NavigateUrl' is not declared. C:\BegASPNET\Site\Controls\Banner.ascx.vb 21 30 C:\BegASPNET\SiteError 8 Name 'lnkVertical' is not declared. C:\BegASPNET\Site\Controls\Banner.ascx.vb 24 9 C:\BegASPNET\SiteError 9 Name 'NavigateUrl' is not declared. C:\BegASPNET\Site\Controls\Banner.ascx.vb 24 28 C:\BegASPNET\Site
I believe I have done everything by the letter, but can't seem to get past this. I can't figure out where it should be declared if it isn't. I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Jan