View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2003, 08:27 PM

I'm getting a similar problem. I tried the Filewriter fix & that didn't seem to work. I'm also running XP Pro & this is my first install. I've done everything in the setup html document & was getting the security error mentioned in another post. I then went into my IIS & unchecked my Annonymous access under Directory Security as developerz suggested. Now I'm getting the error below. Can anyone help?

I'm thinking that this may have something to do with the temp folder being read only. Unfortunately, the D:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\ folders on my computer fall into that weird XP problem where you can't change their attributes (ref. http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;326549). I've tried the "attrib -r" fix, but that doesn't seem to help, so is there a way to redirect the temp path to another folder that's not read only? What file would I change?

Thank you for your help.

======================================
An unexpected error has occurred on this page. The system administrators have been notified. Please feel free to contact us with the information surrounding this error.

The error occurred in: http://localhost/thephileVB/Default.aspx
Error Message: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).

error CS0009: Metadata file 'D:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Tempor ary ASP.NET Files\thephilevb\138ff8aa\5c91653a\assembly\dl\061 ed16e\6139f8cb_5059c301\Wrox.WebModules.Polls.Conf iguration.DLL' could not be opened -- 'Access is denied. '
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stack Trace:
System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1). error CS0009: Metadata file 'D:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\Tempor ary ASP.NET Files\thephilevb\138ff8aa\5c91653a\assembly\dl\061 ed16e\6139f8cb_5059c301\Wrox.WebModules.Polls.Conf iguration.DLL' could not be opened -- 'Access is denied. ' at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile() at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMap ping[] xmlMappings) at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer..ctor(Type type) at Wrox.WebModules.Polls.Configuration.ModuleConfig.G etSettings() in D:\wrox\ThePhile\Modules\Polls2\Polls.Configuratio n\Configuration.cs:line 24 at Wrox.WebModules.Polls.Business.Question.GetCurrent ID() in D:\wrox\ThePhile\Modules\Polls2\Polls.Business\Que stion.cs:line 128 at Wrox.WebModules.Polls.Web.Controls.User.Poll.DataB ind() in D:\wrox\ThePhile\Modules\Polls2\Poll.ascx.cs:line 123 at Wrox.WebModules.Polls.Web.Controls.User.Poll.Page_ Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\wrox\ThePhile\Modules\Polls2\Poll.ascx.cs:line 114 at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()