View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2003, 01:28 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 70,322, Level: 100 Points: 70,322, Level: 100 Points: 70,322, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts

Hi Rich,

Late response here as well as I was quite busy.

If you insist on executing an ASP page in your browser, create a small .vbs file that uses the Wscript.Run method to fire up your browser and pass it the URL you want to open. However, I recommend not using this method. It's pretty difficult getting rid of open browser Windows. If you return to your server, you may have loads of open Explorer Windows.

IMO, the preferred way to do this is to copy your ASP code to a .vbs file, remove / modify any code relating to Response / Request etc. objects and the script should run fine.

Take a look at this article for a simple example of a .vbs file. If you look at the second method, you'll find the code to be exactly the same as in an ASP page.

Search Google for Schedule ASP page and you'll find loads of other useful examples.

There also seems to be a commercial application that can handle this. It's available at http://www.script-schedule.com/. I have never tried it, so I don't know if it will do what they say it does.

HtH,

Imar

---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.