View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2003, 02:28 PM

Hi all,

I have developed a WebApplication that sends messages to mobile phones by connecting to an integrator platform. I use VB.NET. Although my application seems to connect and authorise ok, right after it sends the message, the connection is broken and I get the System.Net.WebException. The first time I run the app, I get an error on a send, all the subsequent runs fail on the receive, the stack trace is the same, though:

[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.]
   System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.Ge tWebResponse(WebRequest request) +58
   System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtoco l.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) +5
   System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +183
   WebApplication1.localhost.BrokerService.sendsimple message(simplemessageRequest Request, String& ErrorMessage, Object[]& Failed_MSISDN, Int32& RequestID) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1\Web References\localhost\Reference.vb:81
   WebApplication1.WebForm1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\WebApplication1\WebForm1.aspx.v b:61
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData) +33
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1277

I tried the suggested solution, but I still get the same error. Any ideas?