View Single Post

Old January 12th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 5,506, Level: 31 Points: 5,506, Level: 31 Points: 5,506, Level: 31
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Eric Meyer on CSS was pretty good for a beginning text.

Wrox HTML 4.01 was also pretty good, a while back Wrox was purchased by Wiley Publishing and Wiley only purchased some of the then current Wrox titles, this book was one of the many bought by Apress who bought the remainder of the Wrox titles, I have no idea if it is still in print or if Apress has republished the book!

The Eric Meyer book is good because he walks you through several different tutorials. I would buy that in addition to a more reference like book like the Wrox title.

Another good one is Dynamic HTML, the definitive reference by Danny Goodman -- this book does no hand holding though, it is what the title implies a reference, you would use this book like a dictionary to look up a tag, CSS style attribute or Javascript method/property etc to see what is possible. But as I said, its for the advanced web programmer, but IMO no web programmer should be without a reference book like this! If you want to know for instance, all 22 or so possible properties of a <table> tag, which browsers they work on and which ones are in the w3c DOM, then this book will tell you!

Just my two cents!
: )
Rich

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Smiling Souls
http://www.smilingsouls.net
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::