View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2004, 04:35 AM
Authorized User

hi, nikunjn
Yeah, It works now! I followed the instruction that you given to me. But I wan to make sure whether my procedure is correct, pls give some advice if there is anything wrong, thanks

1) I Opened machine.config which located in c:\windows\....\, I changed the Username = "Lee Chin How", Password = "9979". Because I have no idea what have to change, so, I was just simply changed both of these values same as the account which developed this asp.net application.
Question: Although i did made the program worked, but, I was just simply a Username = "Lee Chin How" and Password = "9979", what values are more appropriate for both of this?

2) In c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Application\web.config, I followed your instruction as well, but Username and Password values are same as the machine.config.

3) IIS configuration, I did changed the default User Name="IUSR_MACHINE" to "Lee Chin How" and password = "9979". UNCHECKED "Allow IIS to control Password".

Actually, my application are working properly, But, I am just curious why should we need to do this configuration? Could you pls give me some more detail information?

Question: Although i did made the program worked, but, I was just simply a Username = "Lee Chin How" and Password = "9979", what values are more appropriate for both of this?

I really appreciate your kindness and hope you have a nice day!

regards
chinhow