View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Wrox Author
Points: 72,038, Level: 100 Points: 72,038, Level: 100 Points: 72,038, Level: 100
Activity: 50%
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,563 Posts

When I first read your post, I was quite intrigued by the problem. I used to have this exact same issue with classic ASP pages a long time ago, so I understand the frustration.

The only I can think of that may cause this problem is IIS's Process Recycling feature. In recent versions of IIS (2003 for sure, maybe 2000 as well), the IIS process is recycled every now and then to prevent memory leaks and performance problems. I can imagine that with a setting of InProc (not sure if that's default), the Session values go down with IIS.

I am not sure if this is a) true at all and b) the cause of your problem, but it's worth a try. Look into the IIS log files, and you'll seen when the server restarted. If these times are roughly the the same as the time your variables got lost, that might explain the reason of your problem.

Just my 2 cents....

Imar

---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.
While typing this post, I was listening to: Green Calx by Aphex Twin (Track 6 from the album: Selected Ambient Works 85-92)