p2p.wrox.com Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.


  Return to Index  

crystal_reports thread: Sorting Problem


Message #1 by "Vimal Bhuptani" <vimal_bhuptani@r...> on 26 Jun 2002 11:58:32 -0000
Dear Friends,

I have created one report.. and in that report. i have grouped 
by
Veh_ExpDate   which is of type Date Field.

And i am giving one condition.. such as. i want 2 display all 
the
records in which the year is 2002.. as it is giving me correct
result. but the problem is of sorting.. as i have groupled my
report Month Wise..

so it has to show me records.. like this..
January, 2002..
     some dataas.. and calculations

February, 2002...

    some datas.. etc..

i want the report to be sorted in Month and Year..

but i am not getting like that.. instead.. i am getting..

April, 2002

January, 2002

March, 2002 etc..

so can any one tell me wht should be the problem..

its very very very urgent..

Regards

Vimal

_________________________________________________________
There is always a better job for you at Monsterindia.com.
Go now http://monsterindia.com/rediffin/

Message #2 by Tony Cooper <Tony.Cooper@H...> on Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:18:55 +0100
Vimal

Can you not use the month number 01 January, 02 Feb etc

-----Original Message-----
From: Vimal Bhuptani [mailto:vimal_bhuptani@r...]
Sent: 26 June 2002 12:59
To: crystal_reports
Subject: [crystal_reports] Sorting Problem


Dear Friends,

I have created one report.. and in that report. i have grouped 
by
Veh_ExpDate   which is of type Date Field.

And i am giving one condition.. such as. i want 2 display all 
the
records in which the year is 2002.. as it is giving me correct
result. but the problem is of sorting.. as i have groupled my
report Month Wise..

so it has to show me records.. like this..
January, 2002..
     some dataas.. and calculations

February, 2002...

    some datas.. etc..

i want the report to be sorted in Month and Year..

but i am not getting like that.. instead.. i am getting..

April, 2002

January, 2002

March, 2002 etc..

so can any one tell me wht should be the problem..

its very very very urgent..

Regards

Vimal

_________________________________________________________
There is always a better job for you at Monsterindia.com.
Go now http://monsterindia.com/rediffin/


Message #3 by "Vimal Bhuptani" <vimal_bhuptani@r...> on 26 Jun 2002 15:14:12 -0000
No but the main problem is i want to display the Month as welll as 
the Year..

as i am taking a Vehicle Expiry Report..
so its very necessary to know the Month and the year of which the 
Vehicle is going to Expire..

i hope u understoood..

if u want shal i send u the example..

regards
Vimal

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 Tony Cooper wrote :
>Vimal
>
>Can you not use the month number 01 January, 02 Feb etc
>
>-----Original Message-----
> From: Vimal Bhuptani [mailto:vimal_bhuptani@r...]
>Sent: 26 June 2002 12:59
>To: crystal_reports
>Subject: [crystal_reports] Sorting Problem
>
>
>Dear Friends,
>
>I have created one report.. and in that report. i have grouped
>by
>Veh_ExpDate   which is of type Date Field.
>
>And i am giving one condition.. such as. i want 2 display all
>the
>records in which the year is 2002.. as it is giving me correct
>result. but the problem is of sorting.. as i have groupled my
>report Month Wise..
>
>so it has to show me records.. like this..
>January, 2002..
>      some dataas.. and calculations
>
>February, 2002...
>
>     some datas.. etc..
>
>i want the report to be sorted in Month and Year..
>
>but i am not getting like that.. instead.. i am getting..
>
>April, 2002
>
>January, 2002
>
>March, 2002 etc..
>
>so can any one tell me wht should be the problem..
>
>its very very very urgent..
>
>Regards
>
>Vimal
>
>_________________________________________________________
>There is always a better job for you at Monsterindia.com.
>Go now http://monsterindia.com/rediffin/
>
>
>

_________________________________________________________
There is always a better job for you at Monsterindia.com.
Go now http://monsterindia.com/rediffin/

Message #4 by "Wong Tze Lun" <tzelun0502@l...> on Thu, 27 Jun 2002 03:37:56 +0700
Hi Vimal 
 do u mind to send me your report so i can have a look on the actual problem of it. i might just help u to debug the problem 

regards
tl wong



____________________________________________________________
Win a first-class trip to New Orleans and vacation Elvis Style!.
Enter NOW!
http://r.lycos.com/r/sagel_mail/http://www.elvis.lycos.com/sweepstakes/
Message #5 by Zulfazli <Zulfazli@l...> on Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:27:47 +0700
Hi Vimal,
Did you checked the Report | Sort Records menu ?.
What fields in sort fields list already sit on it.
Is your Veh_ExpDate on top level of sort fields ?

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Tony Cooper [SMTP:Tony.Cooper@H...]
> Sent:	Wednesday, June 26, 2002 8:19 PM
> To:	crystal_reports
> Subject:	[crystal_reports] RE: Sorting Problem
> 
> Vimal
> 
> Can you not use the month number 01 January, 02 Feb etc
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Vimal Bhuptani [mailto:vimal_bhuptani@r...]
> Sent: 26 June 2002 12:59
> To: crystal_reports
> Subject: [crystal_reports] Sorting Problem
> 
> 
> Dear Friends,
> 
> I have created one report.. and in that report. i have grouped 
> by
> Veh_ExpDate   which is of type Date Field.
> 
> And i am giving one condition.. such as. i want 2 display all 
> the
> records in which the year is 2002.. as it is giving me correct
> result. but the problem is of sorting.. as i have groupled my
> report Month Wise..
> 
> so it has to show me records.. like this..
> January, 2002..
>      some dataas.. and calculations
> 
> February, 2002...
> 
>     some datas.. etc..
> 
> i want the report to be sorted in Month and Year..
> 
> but i am not getting like that.. instead.. i am getting..
> 
> April, 2002
> 
> January, 2002
> 
> March, 2002 etc..
> 
> so can any one tell me wht should be the problem..
> 
> its very very very urgent..
> 
> Regards
> 
> Vimal
> 
> _________________________________________________________
> There is always a better job for you at Monsterindia.com.
> Go now http://monsterindia.com/rediffin/
> 
> 
> 
Message #6 by "Vimal Bhuptani" <vimal_bhuptani@r...> on 28 Jun 2002 10:14:47 -0000
Hi Zulfazli,

yeah i have checked the Sort Reocrds Menu also and in that i tried 
Sorting with Ascending and Descending.. but no effect.. and i have 
grouped my report only with the Veh_ExpDate.. there is no other 
grouping other than that..

pls help me..

if u want shall i send u the Report File and the Database file.

waiting for ur reply

Regards

VImal
On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 Zulfazli wrote :
>Hi Vimal,
>Did you checked the Report | Sort Records menu ?.
>What fields in sort fields list already sit on it.
>Is your Veh_ExpDate on top level of sort fields ?
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From:	Tony Cooper 
>[SMTP:Tony.Cooper@H...]
> > Sent:	Wednesday, June 26, 2002 8:19 PM
> > To:	crystal_reports
> > Subject:	[crystal_reports] RE: Sorting Problem
> >
> > Vimal
> >
> > Can you not use the month number 01 January, 02 Feb etc
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Vimal Bhuptani [mailto:vimal_bhuptani@r...]
> > Sent: 26 June 2002 12:59
> > To: crystal_reports
> > Subject: [crystal_reports] Sorting Problem
> >
> >
> > Dear Friends,
> >
> > I have created one report.. and in that report. i have 
>grouped
> > by
> > Veh_ExpDate   which is of type Date Field.
> >
> > And i am giving one condition.. such as. i want 2 display 
>all
> > the
> > records in which the year is 2002.. as it is giving me 
>correct
> > result. but the problem is of sorting.. as i have groupled 
>my
> > report Month Wise..
> >
> > so it has to show me records.. like this..
> > January, 2002..
> >      some dataas.. and calculations
> >
> > February, 2002...
> >
> >     some datas.. etc..
> >
> > i want the report to be sorted in Month and Year..
> >
> > but i am not getting like that.. instead.. i am getting..
> >
> > April, 2002
> >
> > January, 2002
> >
> > March, 2002 etc..
> >
> > so can any one tell me wht should be the problem..
> >
> > its very very very urgent..
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Vimal
> >
> > _________________________________________________________
> > There is always a better job for you at Monsterindia.com.
> > Go now http://monsterindia.com/rediffin/
> >
> >
> > ---
> > Change your mail options at http://p2p.wrox.com/manager.asp 
>or
> >
> > ---
> > Change your mail options at http://p2p.wrox.com/manager.asp 
>or
>

_________________________________________________________
There is always a better job for you at Monsterindia.com.
Go now http://monsterindia.com/rediffin/


  Return to Index