p2p.wrox.com Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.


  Return to Index  

dotnet_certification thread: RE: dotnet_certification digest: February 12, 2003


Message #1 by "Weerd, Alfred de (ICT) (HK)" <adeweerd@h...> on Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:42:24 +0100
Hi:
so are the wrox books sufficient for test preparation?
or is it better to get a microsoft training kit?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Weerd, Alfred de (ICT) (HK)" <adeweerd@h...>
To: ".NET Certification" <dotnet_certification@p...>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 3:42 PM
Subject: [dotnet_certification] RE: dotnet_certification digest: February
12, 2003


> Wrox has indeed many good books. For .NET, their book C# for professionals
> (I believe the've an equivalent in VB.NET) is of particular excellence.
> Studieing chapter 1 to 14 should be enough to prepare for 70-306.
>
> For 70-315 I Used a combination of books, but the most important were the
> Microsoft training kit (some questions are closely related to this
> particular book) and ASP unleashed for some background on advanced topics.
>
> I'm still preparing for 70-320. I'll do a course in Enterprise/COM+
> services, have the wrox book advanced xml webservices, but I think I'll
need
> a book on remoting as well. The Microsoft training kit is delayed.
>
> Hope this give you an idea,
> Alfred
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: .NET Certification digest [mailto:dotnet_certification@p...]
> Sent: donderdag 13 februari 2003 1:06
> To: dotnet_certification digest recipients
> Subject: dotnet_certification digest: February 12, 2003
>
> -----------------------------------------------
> When replying to the digest, please quote only
> relevant material, and edit the subject line to
> reflect the message you are replying to.
> -----------------------------------------------
>
> The URL for this list is:
> http://p2p.wrox.com/list.asp?list=dotnet_certification
> DOTNET_CERTIFICATION Digest for Wednesday, February 12, 2003.
>
> 1. Preparing for .NET certifications through WROX publications
> 2. Re: Preparing for .NET certifications through WROX publications
> 3. Re: Preparing for .NET certifications through WROX
>  publications
> 4. Re: Preparing for .NET certifications through WROX publications
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject: Preparing for .NET certifications through WROX publications
> From: "Adrian Downes" <adrian_downes@h...>
> Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 11:02:19 +0000
> X-Message-Number: 1
>
> Hi,
>
> Over the last 3 years, I have come to rely on WROX books as a valuable
> learning tool, saving me thousands of dollars and countless classroom
> hours (Many, many thanks!). With this in mind, I would like to enter-
> tain suggesions about which sequence of WROX books I refer to as back-
> ground for each of the following exams:
>
> 1. Exam 70-305: Developing Web Applications with MS VB.NET
>
> 2. Exam 70-306: Developing Windows Applications with MS VB.NET
>
> 3. Exam 70-310: Developing XML Web Services with MS VB.NET
>
> Basically, I'm looking for a logical sequence for learning, much like
> the tree-view shown on the rear cover of many WROX books for related
> titles. Such a progression would serve me well prior to any "formal"
> preparation for the exams stated above. I would especially like to hear
> from those who have written for WROX and/or hold an MCAD/MCSD .NET
> designation.
>
> Cheers,
>
> AD
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*
> http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject: Re: Preparing for .NET certifications through WROX publications
> From: tahir.a.khan@a...
> Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:34:13 +0000
> X-Message-Number: 2
>
> In a couple of words, Wrox Rocks! These books are the best in the trade.
Now
> to
> your question....the professional series books assume basic knowledge of
the
>
> subject matter, so no background information here. I just passed the
VB.Net
> certification exam and used professional VB.Net as my prep material. Top
> that
> off with the Transcender prep material (http://www.transcender.com) and
you
> have a winning combination. Hope this helps.
>
> Tahir
> > Hi,
> >
> > Over the last 3 years, I have come to rely on WROX books as a valuable
> > learning tool, saving me thousands of dollars and countless classroom
> > hours (Many, many thanks!). With this in mind, I would like to enter-
> > tain suggesions about which sequence of WROX books I refer to as back-
> > ground for each of the following exams:
> >
> > 1. Exam 70-305: Developing Web Applications with MS VB.NET
> >
> > 2. Exam 70-306: Developing Windows Applications with MS VB.NET
> >
> > 3. Exam 70-310: Developing XML Web Services with MS VB.NET
> >
> > Basically, I'm looking for a logical sequence for learning, much like
> > the tree-view shown on the rear cover of many WROX books for related
> > titles. Such a progression would serve me well prior to any "formal"
> > preparation for the exams stated above. I would especially like to hear
> > from those who have written for WROX and/or hold an MCAD/MCSD .NET
> > designation.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > AD
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > _________________________________________________________________
>
> > The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*
> > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
> >
> >
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject: Re: Preparing for .NET certifications through WROX
>  publications
> From: "Adrian Downes" <adrian_downes@h...>
> Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:00:31 +0000
> X-Message-Number: 3
>
> Thanks, Tahir...
>
> Which exam did you pass? VB.NET for Windows or Web Development?
>
> Cheers,
>
> AD
>
>
>
>
>
>
> >From: tahir.a.khan@a...
> >Reply-To: ".NET Certification" <dotnet_certification@p...>
> >To: ".NET Certification" <dotnet_certification@p...>
> >Subject: [dotnet_certification] Re: Preparing for .NET certifications
> >through WROX publications
> >Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:34:13 +0000
> >
> >In a couple of words, Wrox Rocks! These books are the best in the trade.
> >Now to
> >your question....the professional series books assume basic knowledge of
> >the
> >subject matter, so no background information here. I just passed the
VB.Net
> >certification exam and used professional VB.Net as my prep material. Top
> >that
> >off with the Transcender prep material (http://www.transcender.com) and
you
> >have a winning combination. Hope this helps.
> >
> >Tahir
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Over the last 3 years, I have come to rely on WROX books as a valuable
> > > learning tool, saving me thousands of dollars and countless classroom
> > > hours (Many, many thanks!). With this in mind, I would like to enter-
> > > tain suggesions about which sequence of WROX books I refer to as back-
> > > ground for each of the following exams:
> > >
> > > 1. Exam 70-305: Developing Web Applications with MS VB.NET
> > >
> > > 2. Exam 70-306: Developing Windows Applications with MS VB.NET
> > >
> > > 3. Exam 70-310: Developing XML Web Services with MS VB.NET
> > >
> > > Basically, I'm looking for a logical sequence for learning, much like
> > > the tree-view shown on the rear cover of many WROX books for related
> > > titles. Such a progression would serve me well prior to any "formal"
> > > preparation for the exams stated above. I would especially like to
hear
> > > from those who have written for WROX and/or hold an MCAD/MCSD .NET
> > > designation.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > AD
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > _________________________________________________________________
> >
> > > The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*
> > > http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*
> http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Subject: Re: Preparing for .NET certifications through WROX publications
> From: "Kailas Tare" <kailast@i...>
> Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:11:34 -0800
> X-Message-Number: 4
>
> I passed 70-315 Web apps using C# last month. MSDN worked great for me. 
> I followed tims link  http://www.codeclinic.com/70-315skills.htm and did 
> small test programs for every feature.
>
> It took around 1 month to practice. Now I am preparing for 70-320. Any 
> suggestions?
>
> -Kailas Tare
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Adrian Downes [mailto:adrian_downes@h...]
> Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 3:01 PM
> To: .NET Certification
> Subject: [dotnet_certification] Re: Preparing for .NET certifications
> through WROX publications
>
>
> Thanks, Tahir...
>
> Which exam did you pass? VB.NET for Windows or Web Development?
>
> Cheers,
>
> AD
>
>
>
>
>
>
> >From: tahir.a.khan@a...
> >Reply-To: ".NET Certification" <dotnet_certification@p...>
> >To: ".NET Certification" <dotnet_certification@p...>
> >Subject: [dotnet_certification] Re: Preparing for .NET certifications
> >through WROX publications
> >Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:34:13 +0000
> >
> >In a couple of words, Wrox Rocks! These books are the best in the 
> trade.
> >Now to
> >your question....the professional series books assume basic knowledge 
> of
> >the
> >subject matter, so no background information here. I just passed the 
> VB.Net
> >certification exam and used professional VB.Net as my prep material. 
> Top
> >that
> >off with the Transcender prep material (http://www.transcender.com) and 
> you
> >have a winning combination. Hope this helps.
> >
> >Tahir
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Over the last 3 years, I have come to rely on WROX books as a 
> valuable
> > > learning tool, saving me thousands of dollars and countless 
> classroom
> > > hours (Many, many thanks!). With this in mind, I would like to 
> enter-
> > > tain suggesions about which sequence of WROX books I refer to as 
> back-
> > > ground for each of the following exams:
> > >
> > > 1. Exam 70-305: Developing Web Applications with MS VB.NET
> > >
> > > 2. Exam 70-306: Developing Windows Applications with MS VB.NET
> > >
> > > 3. Exam 70-310: Developing XML Web Services with MS VB.NET
> > >
> > > Basically, I'm looking for a logical sequence for learning, much 
> like
> > > the tree-view shown on the rear cover of many WROX books for related
> > > titles. Such a progression would serve me well prior to any "formal"
> > > preparation for the exams stated above. I would especially like to 
> hear
> > > from those who have written for WROX and/or hold an MCAD/MCSD .NET
> > > designation.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > AD
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > _________________________________________________________________
> >
> > > The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*
> > > http://join.msn.com/?page=3Dfeatures/junkmail
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* 
> http://join.msn.com/?page=3Dfeatures/junkmail
>
>
>
>
>
> ---
>
> END OF DIGEST
>
>
>
>



==========================================================
 他花1元挽回情人的心
 http://edm-prg.epaper.com.tw/click.php?ad_code=1975
==========================================================
 PC home Online 網路家庭:會員第一,台灣最大的入口網站...
==========================================================

  Return to Index