1. This is a BIG question. For the best insight into COM/DCOM
authentication check out "Designing Secure Web-based Applications for MS
Windows 2000", COM+ Security Overview, chapter 7. It's published by
Microsoft Programming Series and the main author is Michael Howard.
2. How was the account deleted? via the MTS/Component Services? Did you
delete it by accident and want it back?
3. The COM code requires an identity to run. You can set this within MTS.
From: Lin Ma [mailto:linma@b...]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 12:43 PM
To: Code Clinic
Subject: RE: what is the difference btw IUSR_xxx and IWAM_xxx
But I have some extral confussion, it will be much appreciated if you could
help me clear them.
1.If the com inside MTS(it should be called by IWAM_XXX now) instanciates
another com object in remote server, what user account will be used.
2. What if the IWAM_XXX account is deleted in this machine, what account
will be used?
3. What if the IWAM_xxx account does not have access right to the local
resource(or even network resource) and the com's code in MTS need to access