Has anyone found a good version of browsecap.ini. I've noticed that
browserhawk isn't very interested in keeping it up to date....
lately I've just been editing it myself and it seems to work fine, but
still... you know. I wanna be like everyone else- assuming that "everyone
else" has a version that reports IE 6 as IE 6 and not Netscape 4 (like the
one you can download at browserhawk).
From: Dallas Martin [mailto:dmartin@z...]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 6:19 PM
To: Code Clinic
Well I am glad your code change works.
However, my original code works too!.
The function to change the value of the hidden
Thus, by defaulting the hidden field to false,
and then testing it on the receiving asp page
was enabled in the browser.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan Henesy" <susan.henesy@u...>
To: "Code Clinic" <proasp_codeclinic@p...>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 9:04 PM
> Hi again, Dallas!
> I just realized that I couldn't submit my first form's info about the
> do that -- kind of a catch-22. So I used your clientCaps function
> instead, and WOW, that works GREAT!!!
> Thank you so much for that advice! I think I can make the boolean
> indicator work, too. If I tried doing it this way:
> <BODY onLoad="blnJS.value='True'">
> <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="blnJS" VALUE="False">
> .. it might work.
> Actually, I just tried it, and... it DOES work! But having the power of
> clientCaps at my fingertips is just as cool. Thank you for teaching me
> something new!!!