Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK Beginning Expression Web ISBN: 978-0-470-07315-5
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning Expression Web by Zak Ruvalcaba; ISBN: 9780470073155
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK Beginning Expression Web ISBN: 978-0-470-07315-5 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old December 4th, 2007, 01:56 AM

Default Beginning Expression Web

I ordered Beginning Expression Web from Amazon.com, and after two weeks of waiting, it finally arrived. As an FYI, Free Shipping from Amazon.com means a wait of at least two weeks.

After struggling through two chapters of a book written for Windows XP, while I am using Vista, I am slowly making headway. I emailed the author about a missing file in Chapter 3, and hope to get the file or an answer soon.

I understand that Beginning Expression Web was probably written during the beta of EW; however, I beta tested EW at the same time I beta tested Windows Vista. So, I didn't expect the book on such a new program to be written for XP with no instructions at all for Vista.

Oh, well, we live and learn. I just wish I'd known beforehand.

StarFerret
Old December 5th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Wrox Author

I believe I replyed to your email right?

Yes, it's unfortunate we didn't provide instruction for Vista users but when we wrote the book, we needed to provide instruction using the currenty stable operating system at the time, not something that was in beta.