Hello: I got this working right when I was going to post this as a question - so I'll post my solution in case it helps anyone else.
I'm trying to open Catalog project from this site with Xcode4.2. it will not run - but I wanted to share what I did to get it to run Copy Catalog folder from Chapter 2 onto mac. Open project in Xcode by pointing to the Catalog folder. I try to Run it in 4.2 and get the following error:
- "The run destination iPhone 5.0 simulator is not valid for Running the scheme 'Catalog'."
I click on issues icon on top of the left pane (! inside a triangle) and select the first issue - Xcode prompts with list of recomended changes. I click on "Perform Changes". This includes:
- upgrade base sdk setting to the recommended balue 'Latest IOS (iOS 5.0)'
- remove obsolete build setting: PREBINDING
- upgrade the project format to the latest format Xcode 3.2 compatible.
Now I have target integrity warning still hanging out there
- missing SDK in target Catalog: iphonesimulator4.0
I changed Base SDK/Debug setting in Build Settings from iphonesimulator4.0 to Latest iOS... yeah it runs. I assume it still does not have ARC, but not sure yet.